Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live out the dream that everyone wants... at any cost.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Gastro in the cut
Community Rules EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 7:59 pm by DaGOD GBE $kuddah

» XxDeadpool350xX Roleplay App
Community Rules EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:39 pm by The Based Kid

» ONE SHOT 760'S Roleplay Application
Community Rules EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 am by SHADY X 2016

» strakan7 RP Application
Community Rules EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:24 pm by x0 SALVATION 0x

» Remember Me? Strakan7s Intro
Community Rules EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:22 pm by x0 SALVATION 0x

» Community Rules
Community Rules EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:13 pm by SHADY X 2016

» Community Information
Community Rules EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 pm by SHADY X 2016

» Ochy's application
Community Rules EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:15 am by Ochy

» DYN UNDEAD Roleplay App
Community Rules EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:47 am by SHADY X 2016

» Klaas Application
Community Rules EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 12:02 am by DaGOD GBE $kuddah

Top posters
SHADY X 2016 (685)
Community Rules I_vote_lcapCommunity Rules I_voting_barCommunity Rules I_vote_rcap 
DaGOD GBE $kuddah (501)
Community Rules I_vote_lcapCommunity Rules I_voting_barCommunity Rules I_vote_rcap 
Dippyiadida (255)
AnakinBongWater (243)
The Based Kid (224)
DippyIsMexican (204)
THE WERESHEEP (153)
burialdestroyer (147)
Gonnith (146)
Egypt. (140)
Most active topics
Glenn. (Irish) Application
TGS Satsujinsha - Role play Application
Klaas Application
Just stopping by to say "hi"
Remember Me? Strakan7s Intro
Difference in Criminals
TJR BADAZZ24 - Roleplay application
Kopeck Rus Application
Zirgrin - Application
Gastro in the cut
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 85 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:03 am

Community Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SHADY X 2016
Administrator
Administrator
SHADY X 2016

Community Rules Empty
PostSubject: Community Rules   Community Rules EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 6:05 pm

American Dream Gaming: Community Rules

Last amended August 30, 2013.

Terms of Service

The moderators of this community will try hard to edit or remove reprehensible messages as soon as possible. However, it is impossible for them to review all the messages. You thus admit that all the messages posted on this forum express the sight and opinion of their respective authors and not those of the moderators or the Webmaster (except messages posted by them) and consequently, they cannot be held responsible for the discussions.

This forum uses cookies to store information on your computer. These cookies will not contain any personal information; they are only used to improve comfort while browsing. The address e-mail is only used in order to confirm the details of your registration as your password (and also to send you back your password if you forget it).

Please note:

- Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critics, the coarseness and vulgarities, and more generally any message contravening the French laws are prohibited.
- Messages who promote - or evoke - illegal practices are prohibited.
- If you post information which comes from another site, look first if the site in question forbids the copying of that information. Show the address of the site in question in order to respect the work of their administrators
- Please post your messages only once. Repetitive messages are unnecessary and will be deleted
- Try to stay on topic when posting in a thread. It is disrespectful to the person who made the thread to see it get off topic and on something irrelevant.
- Please make an effort on grammar and spelling. SMS-style language (ex: r u sk8ing?) is not advised.

Any message contravening the listing above will be edited or removed without additional notice or justification within deadlines which will depend on the availability of the moderators. Any abuse will involve the cancellation of the registration. Internet is neither an anonymous space, nor a space of no-right! We reserve ourselves the possibility of informing your access provider and/or the legal authorities of any malevolent behavior. An IP address of each poster is recorded in order to help us to make you respect these conditions.

By being a member on this website, you agree to our Terms of Service and acknowledge that:

-You acknowledge to have fully read these current rules;
-You commit yourself to respect unreservedly these current rules;
-You grant the moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any discussion subject at any moment.
-The administrators of this site reserve the right to suspend or ban any user of this site at any time for any reason. For more information about disciplinary action, see the end of this post for disciplinary action procedures.

Disclaimer: Copying information from this site

American Dream Gaming is a private community with a set of custom made rules that fit our style of play. These rules were created from the minds of the staff members. Since these rules are privately made that means that they are personal property of Project Life. Anything posted here can be claimed by the ownership of Project Life as their property. To use these rules without consent of the administration is plagiarism.

Since these rules are privately made they are protected by the Intellectual property law. That means if you use the rules for your own private use without consent of intellectual owners than you are in violation of USFL 4.3.75. which can carry a maximum fine of $250,000 and 5 years in prison.

This site is hosted by Forumotion. Forumotion’s Terms of Service states that when a message is posted, it belongs to that user. Essentially the user owns the content that they post and if you choose to copy their intellectual property that would be copyright infringement. If it is something you wish to use, you need to ask permission from that user to use their work.

If we do witness stolen material being used, then we can legally press charges. If you are to steal these, we can contact your host site for all of your private information to pursue legal matters.

THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING.

Community Membership

After making an account on this website, you must apply for membership into the community. We require an application because we want to know more about our members before they enter the community. This is so the administration team can make an effective decision on who is in the community. We want to provide all of our members with the best roleplaying experience.

Everyone must make an application before becoming a member. Membership status is granted based on the application. In order for an application to be approved/accepted, the application must have approval of a majority of the administrators on the website. The number of administrators can vary at times, and the rate for acceptance must be at least 50%.

If there are 4 admins, at least 2 must accept. If there are 5 admins, at least 3 must accept. If there are 6 admins, at least 4 must accept.

As always, the Administration Team reserves the right to change, suspend, ban, or otherwise remove anyone's membership status.

Resigning from a post or otherwise leaving the community.

If you are currently a staff member and choose to resign from your position, you must immediately notify an Administrator. The purpose of doing is that so your account can be properly de-activated. If you want to explain why you are leaving you may do so, but you are not required to explain why you are departing. We will not accept any severe rule-breaking, inappropriateness, ad hominem attacks, or anything else lacking substance to be a form of resignation. If you choose to do that, you will likely be banned from the community.

If you wish to re-apply to the community, please make another account and re-apply. If you cannot access the site because (a) your IP has been banned and/or (b) because your account has been banned, please contact an administrator via Xbox live message and explain your situation.

In-Game Rules

Please see the specific rules for each different type of game that we have. The rules will vary per game such as Grand Theft Auto, Read Dead Redemption, etc. Here are some rules that will apply to all games:

Modding: Our community openly supports modding; we believe gamers should be allowed to mod their consoles freely. We will accept modders into the community but we have a strict set of rules that anyone (even admins!) which modders must follow. Modding, essentially, gives you the power of god. We put a great deal of trust into anyone who has mods and we hope they use them responsibly.

You cannot use mods:
-To get yourself out of trouble. This means that you can't use speed mods or teleportation to evade police and/or other players in the event it may affect the outcome of the roleplay.
-To kill other players
-To make yourself invincible
-To make yourself invisible
-To heal yourself

You can use mods:
-To spawn cars for yourself or other players(as long as they own that car or have a roleplay reason to have it)
-To change your character skin accordingly
-To teleport (ONLY at the start of the game, or to get back to a knockout location)

Other Rules:

Repetitive Characters – All members should have a variety in the characters they create. If everyone in the community stayed as one type of character forever (such as a cop, criminal, etc.) then every roleplay would be the same and people would get bored with it.

This rule requires that members cannot have 3 characters in a row of the same type. You may be a criminal two times in a row but you cannot do it 3 times.

Anyone violating this policy will have their character terminated. Anyone refusing to change will face disciplinary action.

Random Death Matching - You cannot just walk around killing other players with no purpose.
Example: You walk into a Burger Shot, pull out your pistol and kill another player. THIS CANNOT BE DONE unless you have a valid roleplay reason.

Fear Factor - If someone pulls a weapon out on you, you aren't allowed to bring out a weapon of your own unless they say so. You must obey rule-compliant instructions given by this person.
Example: Swag points a gun at you and tells you to sit down. You must restrain from pulling out a gun and follow his instructions to sit down.

Metagaming - Using Out Of Character knowledge to further your roleplay character's experience.
Example: You read on the forum that a player you are trying to kill lives in Niko's Alderney house. You MAY NOT go to the house in Alderney to kill him unless someone tells you this information in-game.

New Life Rule - When you are killed or knocked out, you have no knowledge as to where you were upon death, who killed you, why they killed you, and how they killed you unless you are informed by the person who killed you. You remember everything else.
Example: Officer Mike shoots Dillon in a setup drug deal. Dillon cannot go to the Officer Mike and express anger or revenge kill because he has no memory that the Officer Mike did anything to him.

Money Farming – You may not just simply use your character to acquire money and not do anything else. You may be a hard-working character, but working 100% of the roleplay and never spending money is not acceptable.

Revenging Killing - If you are sent to the hospital or knocked out by another player, you may not find them and kill them in response to your previous death.
Example: Swag kills you with a roleplay purpose. When you get out of the hospital you drive to his location and shoot him. This CANNOT be done as you lost your memory.

Asspulling - You cannot pull a two-handed weapon out of thin air. If you want to use an AK-47 in a firefight, you must exit a vehicle or retrieve it from a location and continue to hold it until you store it again. Two-handed guns may be stored in cars or houses if you wish to not hold it anymore. This doesn't apply to one handed weapons.
Example: Mike gets a tipoff that police will be raiding his home. He sees them while he is standing in the middle of the street and switches to his AK. This isn't allowed unless he runs to a car that he stored it in to retrieve it.

Car Killing – Vehicles may only be used to kill people when you make a player kill attempt against them. If a pedestrian throws themselves in the way (regardless of accidental or intentional) the player would not be breaking the rule, however in-character the driver may face legal action. You cannot spontaneously run someone over with your vehicle, as it must be a player kill.

Example: Mike sees a rival gang member walking in the sidewalk. Mike accelerates the vehicle, drives on the sidewalk, and kills the gang member. This ISN'T ALLOWED because this was spontaneous and not a player kill.

Item Use - Don't use what you don't have. You can't use a shotgun/vest/drug...etc. if you don't actually own it.
Example: Mike sells Dillon some weed but Mike never purchased or planted any weed to sell. This CANNOT be done because Mike never had weed in the first place.

Player Executing - You MUST have a legitimate reason for a player execution. A grudge or annoyance is not enough to take away all of the effort that someone put into their characters' lives and business. This reason must be stated to an administrator and verified by them. If this rule is broken your character can be terminated from the game. However you are allowed to act under the heat of the moment. If a situation arises where you are put in a position to kill someone whom previously did you wrong you can override the Execution rule because a turn of event led you to a perfect roleplay moment. This means that you can only commit the player execution if the person presents themselves to you and not if you went looking for them; if you are seen going out of your way to force interaction with someone you are trying to kill them in the heat of the moment, then you will be punished.

If the player you are seeking to execute is a staff member or there is no administrator in the game, you may ask another staff member.

Example with pre-meditation: You are gang member. Officer Mike keeps harassing you and assaults you on numerous occasions. You talk to an admin and state that you wish to player kill/execute him. They approve and you player kill/execute Officer Mike. This is allowed because you asked an administrator and your player kill was approved.

Example without pre-meditation: You are a gang member. A rival gang member has put a price on your head and attacked you earlier in the game. You find him completely by himself wandering around on a road. You capture him and bring him to a secure location then execute him. This is allowed because you had roleplay reason for the kill and the circumstances put you in a position to roleplay out a proper situation.

Fighting – If two players are in an altercation, this is how a fight would roleplay out:

If Person A punches Person B three times in a row, and Person B doesn’t punch back, Person B would be knocked out. That person must report back to the location where they were knocked out. See the Knockout rule for more information.

If Person A punches Person B, and Person B is able to punch back or dodge the punch, they are in a fist-fight. They can break up the fight, or continue until one of them is knocked out, or killed in the game. The person who is knocked out must then report back to the location where they were knocked out.

You must be realistic and play your role when it comes to fighting like this. It is not realistic for one player to dominate over another player. The victim of an attack must have a chance to fight back.

Knocking Out – A person is considered knocked out and unconscious when they are punched 3 times consecutively without any reaction, or when a person is killed but not player executed.

Capturing - If you wish to capture a player you must capture them by:
-Fear Factor (taking them at gunpoint)
-Knocking them out (3 repetitive punches)

Example: Swag and Dillon are having a verbal argument. Swag pulls out a gun and points it at Dillon. Swag now is in control of Dillon because of fear factor.

Play Your Role - You must abide by the rules of your chosen characters lifestyle. This means that if you are a civilian, you will not be participating in large scale drug trafficking, firefights with the cops, or robbing other players. If you do murder someone, it must be with roleplay purposes (they robbed you/threatened your life...etc.). Do as a real life equivalent of your character would do in everyday life.

Forum Rules

We have created these forums for members of our community to talk about roleplaying, the games we play, and many other things. You are entitled to your opinions and we hope that you express them freely.

As in the terms of service, here are some things that we ask of you when posting:
- Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critics, are prohibited
- Messages that promote - or evoke - illegal practices are prohibited.
- Before you copy information from another website, please make sure that it is ok for you to do so. Copyrighted information that is not supposed to be copied is not acceptable.
- Please post your messages only once. The repetitions are unpleasant and useless.
- Try to stay on topic when posting in a thread. It is disrespectful to the person who made the thread to see it get off topic and on something irrelevant.
- Please make an effort on grammar and spelling. SMS-style language (ex: r u sk8ing?) is not recommended.

Disciplinary action against members

The administrators and staff members of this website seek to provide its members with a safe and fun environment to roleplay in. There are rules in place to make sure that all members can enjoy roleplaying in this community. Failure to comply with the rules can result in disciplinary action against the person or people violating the rule(s).

The Administration Team reserves the right to discipline any member, with or without notice, at any time, and at their own discretion, under their own authority. Administrators are free to discipline members as they deem necessary, which is why we do not have a definitive set-in-stone way of discipline. Appropriate levels of discipline will vary based on the case and severity of it.

Below are some examples of disciplinary actions Administrators can take:
-Give an in-game warning that can be either private or public, such as saying something over game chat, or calling the player up. For an example on the forums, this may be done by calling a person out in a thread.
-Kick the player from a game, they will not be allowed to re-join the session.
-Private warning, such as a private message
-Suspension, which means a player will not be able to go onto the website or join a game.
-Ban, which means the user is no longer a member of the community.

Moderators and Global Mods can also take some disciplinary actions under their own authority. As hosters of games, they can give in-game warnings and kick members from the games. If there is an issue that needs the attention of an Administrator regarding a suspension or ban, that staff member must notify the Administrator team.

Moderators have the ability to moderate certain forums, while Global Moderators can moderate all forums. Administrators moderate the entire website and control the website's forums and design. Staff members can always issue warnings to members on the forums and in private messages. If a staff member is a moderator of a particular forum, they can edit or delete posts.

Here is a recommended model of discipline (as the list goes down, the severity increases):
-In-game/in-post warning (made out publically as at this point it is light/can be easily fixed)
-Kick from the game (if necessary/if applicable)
-Private warning (sent in a private message or other private manner where nobody else will know about it)
-Heavy warning or light suspension (again, this will depend on the context of the situation)
-Suspension
-Banned from community

After a member is banned, they may re-apply to the community if they so wish, but we recommend that they take time off and focus on improving themselves before re-applying.

If a banned member chooses to harass staff members, members, or disrupt the website they will not be allowed back into the community. Your IP address will be banned so you cannot go onto the website.

Welcome to American Dream Gaming!

Last edited by SHADY X 2016 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
SHADY X 2016
Administrator
Administrator
SHADY X 2016

Community Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Rules   Community Rules EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:13 pm

Modified again. Added section on Community Membership
Back to top Go down

Community Rules
Page 1 of 1